Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan dated April 2, 2022 No. 148 “On the introduction of a system of mandatory digital marking of household appliances” was adopted.
Manufacturers and importers of some household appliances in Uzbekistan are to apply mandatory digital labelling on their products, by the set deadlines.
In accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of November 20, 2020 No. 737 “On the introduction of a system of mandatory digital marking of certain types of goods”, the National information system for monitoring the labelling and tracking of products “Asl belgisi” has been launched. An organisation named CRPT TURON LLC is appointed as the system operator.
The adopted Decree sets out the following dates for the start of mandatory digital marking and types of products by groups:
• group 1 - vacuum cleaners, washing machines, refrigerators and freezers, TVs and monitors - from 15 April 2022;
• group 2 - household gas stoves, cooker hoods, ovens and stoves, microwave ovens, irons, water heaters - from 1 August 2022;
• group 3 - hot water boilers, air conditioners, built-in electrical appliances (juicers, blenders, mixers, coffee grinders, meat grinders), all types of lamps - from 1 November 2022.
The Decree has also approved:
• the list of identification codes for household appliances subject to the mandatory digital marking;
• the timetable for the phased introduction of a system of mandatory digital marking of household appliances;
• the schedule for the phased introduction of a system of mandatory digital marking for imported household appliances;
• the schedule for the phased transition of wholesale and retail trade organizations to the system of mandatory digital marking of household appliances;
• Regulation on the specifications of digital marking of household appliances by means of identification.
The codes that are to be used for marking household appliances are to be provided to manufacturers and importers by the system operator.