As of 1 July 2018 importers and manufacturers of products that require the issue of a conformity declaration have to follow the adopted procedure. The adopted procedure governs the registration, renewal, suspension and termination of conformity declarations that must be issued for products that are subject to the EAEU Technical Regulations (TRs). Such products include toys, electrical equipment, personal protective equipment, cosmetics, food and some other categories of products.
In order to register a declaration of conformity the applicant (normally the importer or the manufacturer) must submit to an accredited certification body a number of documents. These documents include the application, the applicant’s details (name, address, etc.), product name and other information that will help identifying the product, the TN VED code (the HS code) of the product, the required test reports, etc.
The accredited certification body must register the declaration (or to provide a justified refusal to register it to the applicant) within five working days from the date of receipt of the declaration issued by the applicant and the accompanying documentation.
The applicant may issue an amended declaration and have it registered without the need to submit the supporting documentation if:
- The current declaration has any mistakes or typos;
- The applicant has changed its form of incorporation, registered or actual address, telephone number or email address;
- The manufacturer of the product has changed its form of incorporation or registered address;
- The relevant TN VED (HS) codes for the product have been changed;
- The number of locations where the product is manufactured has been reduced.
Law: Decision No. 41 dated 20 March 2018 on the Procedure for Registration, Suspension, Renewal and Termination of Conformity Declarations for Products Conforming to the Requirements of Technical Regulations of the EurAsian Economic Union