As of 1 January 2021, organisations importing certain products and substances into Ukraine are required to obtain import licences and/or to observe the set importation quotas.
The list of products subject to export quotas includes precious metals (gold and silver) and scrap precious metals.
The list of products and equipment that could potentially contain ozone depleting substances (ODS) and fluorinated greenhouse gases and import and export of which requires a licence, includes:
- medicines in aerosol packaging;
- synthetic dyes in aerosol packaging;
- paints and varnishes in aerosol packaging;
- cosmetic and make up products in aerosol packaging;
- haircare products in aerosol packaging;
- oral care products in aerosol packaging;
- detergents in aerosol packaging (including surfactants);
- deodorants in aerosol packaging;
- lubricants in aerosol packaging;
- solvents in aerosol packaging;
- mixtures containing halogenated derivatives of methane, ethane or propane;
- refrigerating equipment;
- charged fire extinguishers;
- air conditioners; etc.
The list of controlled substances the import and export of which is subject to licencing includes ozone depleting substances (ODS) and fluorinated greenhouse gases. In particular, the list includes:
- carbon tetrachloride
- methyl chloroform or 1,1,1-trichloroethane (MHF)
- Trifluoromethane (GFV-23), Difluoromethane (GFV-32), Fluoromethane (GFV-41), 1,2-Difluoroethane (GFV-152), 1,1-Difluoroethane (GFV-152a), Pentafluoroethane (GFV-125), 1,1,1-trifluoroethane (GFV-143a), 1,1,2-trifluoroethane (GFV-143), 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane (GFV-134a), 1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethane (GFV-134), 1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane (GFV-227ea), 1,1,1,2,2,3-hexafluoropropane (GFV-236cb), 1.1, 1,2,3,3-hexafluoropropane (GFV-236ea), 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoropropane (GFV-236fa), 1,1,1,3,3-pentafluoropropane (GFV-245fa) , 1,1,2,2,3-pentafluoropropane (GFV-245ca), 1,1,1,3,3-pentafluorobutane (GFV-365mfc), 1,1,1,2,2,3,4,5 , 5,5-decafluoropentane (GFV-43-10mee)
- bromomethane (methyl bromide)
- chlorodifluoromethane (HCFC-22)
- dichlorotrifluorethane (HCFV-123)
- dichlorofluoroethane (HCFV-141), 2-dichlorofluoroethane (HCFV-141-b)
- chlorodifluoroethane (GCFV-142), chlorodifluoroethane (GCFV-142-b)
- dichloropentafluoropropane (HCFV-225)
- bromochlorodifluoromethane (Gallon 1211)
- bromotrifluoromethane (Gallon 1301)
- dichlorodifluoromethane (HFV-12)\
- chlorotrifluoromethane (HFV-13), Trichlorotrifluoroethane, Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, chloropentafluoroethane (HFV-115)
- trichlorofluoromethane (CFC-11), pentachlorofluoroethane (CFC-111), heptachlorofluoropropane (CFC-211), hexachlorodifluoropropane (CFC-212), pentachlorotrifluoropropane (CFC-213), tetrachlorofluorofluorofluorofluorofluorofluorofluorine-21-chlorofluorofluorocarbon-21C3 (CFC-112); etc.
Import and export licences for these substances are issued by the Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine in accordance with the provisions of the Montreal Protocol.
Law: Decree No. 1329 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the Lists of Products the Import and Export of Which is Subject to Quotas and Licensing for 2021